With the possibility of rain moving in this week, there are certain areas in Tucson that are more susceptible to flooding. Here’s a list of roads throughout the Old Pueblo to avoid in the case of flooding along with some suggestions for alternate routes. For the very latest on road closures, check out the Pima County website.Camino de Oeste from Gates Pass Rd. to Sweetwater Dr. Take Silverbell Rd. Contractor’s WayAlternate: Alvernon WayFreeman Rd. between Broadway and Old Spanish Trail Ft. Lowell Road from Conestoga Ave. to Melpomene Use Prince Rd.Harrison Rd. at Pantano WashIronwood Hills Drive from Shannon Rd. to Camino de OesteUse Speedway Blvd.Limberlost Road from Soldier Trail to Homestead Ave.Silverbell Rd. from Sweetwater Rd. to Ina Rd. Use I-10 or Frontage Rd. Snyder Road from Kolb Rd. to Sabino Canyon Rd. Use Sunrise Dr.Soldier Trail between Limberlost and ThunderbirdStone Ave. underpass at 6th St.Take 6th to Toole Ave. Tanque Verde Loop Rd. between Speedway and Tanque Verde Rd.Use Houghton Rd. Valencia Rd. from Ajo Way to Black WashWentworth Rd. —-STAY IN TOUCH WITH US ANYTIME, ANYWHEREDownload our free app for Roku, FireTV, AppleTV, Alexa, and mobile devices.Sign up for daily newsletters emailed to youLike us on FacebookFollow us on InstagramFollow us on Twitter
- Bill tries to deter sober living facilities preying on Indigenous people
- Gila Bend paramedic hospitalized after being crushed while working on fire truck
- Protests erupt as Mexico City could run out of water this summer
- Biden to make rare visit to border, pushes for congressional action
- New DAV chapter sets up in Sahuarita to help veterans from all over
No comments to show.