The Pima County Regional Critical Incident Team a suspect Tucson police shot and killed in a March 3 officer-involved shooting near Grant and Campbell.According to the report, Tucson police tried to arrest 28-year-old aggravated assault suspect Aaron Martinka at 11:30 p.m. that night.Martinka faced two counts of aggravated assault, one count of prohibited possessor and one count of discharging of a firearm within city limits, as well as a felony arrest warrant for a probation violation.Police found Martinka driving a vehicle and used an immobilization device to try stop him near Grant and Park.Martinka fired a gun at officers, and officers shot and killed him.A woman in Martinka’s car suffered non-life threatening injuries from the crash.The officers were 11-year veteran Officer Bradley Kush, 15-year veteran Officer Adam Smith and 10-year veteran Officer JoeBuck.The PRCIT will investigate the incident and TPD will conduct a parallel investigation.
- Regents call out UA Faculty Senate; ABOR Chair eyeing legal action
- ‘Creating smiles one hat at a time’: Alan’s Lids draws crowd at Tucson Rodeo
- Clements defense says cell tracking too unreliable for tie to Celis remains
- NASA makes first successful US commercial uncrewed landing on the moon
- Biden administration weighing order to limit asylum seeking
No comments to show.